Thursday, December 2, 2021

Clutch 01-2021 Don't Call it a Comeback - I've Been Here For Years

Hey All!

This will be possibly the world's (or at least my) shortest blog. A one minute read at best.

I'M BACK

Long story short, as promised, I retired from being a professional stand-up comedian in the summer of 1991. Though I've have a successful career for the past 30-years doing other things, I've somewhat always regretted giving it up. I loved doing it, being part of the culture, and the mark of "fame" that came with it.

Since then I've always stayed connected to the art, but as an amateur at best. I'd host and M.C. parties over the years (milestone wedding anniversaries, birthdays, etc.) and constantly wrote stuff. As a matter of fact I perused over an old hard-drive the other day and found just tons of old material. Some were completed books, started books, older blogs (before blogging was a thing), articles and other writings. 

Fast forward to now, and I'm looking to now fire it up and get going. I want, scratch that, need to get back on stage. Though I can probably do it today and just start babbling into the mic, I prefer to have updated material ready. Some of my stuff was/is timeless, but other is not like who's Fabio? what's an answering machine? Is O.J. out looking for the real killer? (Oh wait a minute, that was is actually old and new!).

Anyway - more to come as I get my literal act together. Trust me, I will get the word out when the time is time. Until then - get ready to laugh - at or with me.

No comments: